High quality Hydroxyethyl cellulose for coating industry
1. The appearance of HEC Hydroxyethyl cellulose is tasteless, odorless and non-toxic white to slight yellow granular powder.
2. It is nonionic cellulose ether. HEC has functions of thickening, building, emulsifying, dispersing, stabilizing and water-maintaining. It is easily dissolved in cold and hot water to provide a wide range of solution viscosity, form film and offer protective colloid effect.
3. HEC is thickener of high concentration electrolyte. Its water-retaining capacity is twice as MC. It has a good flow regulation.
4. Good emulsion paint requires a special paint rheology to ensure fine evenness and eliminate brush trails on the surface of dried paint film. The rheology has to do with the size and distribution of the emulsion granules, yet the size and distribution have a bearing on the stabilizer system and polymerization technology adopted in polymerization.
5. The polymerization caused by using HEC as protective colloids will produce uniform emulsion quality, without difference in different batches of emulsion: meanwhile the emulsion granule size may be controlled within a narrow scope and the granules will serve as indispensable material for the emulsion polymerization.
6. The emulsion polymerizations which usually use HEC as the protective colloid include
Vinyl acetate and other copolymerizing monomers such as acrylic tesin, butadiene resin para-butadiene resin ethylene etc.
7. Methyl acrylic resin and other coplymerizing monomers such as acrylate, butadiene etc. Styrene-acrylate copolymer, styrene-butadlene copy mer, vinyl chloride-acrylate copplymer, acrylonitrile- butadiene copolmer.
Hydroxyethyl cellulose for coating industry-1
|Type||HE30MC, HE50MC, HE100MC...|
|Appearance||White freely flowing powder|
|Bulk density||250--550(kg/cm 3)|
|Particle size(passing 0.212mm)%||≥92|
|Viscosity(2% solution)||300--10 00000S(mPa.s, NDJ-1)|
1. HEC is the most commonly used thickener in Latex paint.
2. In addition thickening to the Latex paint, it has the function of emulsifying dispersing, stabilizing and water-retaining Its properties are significant effect of thickening, and good shoe colure, film forming and storage stability.
3. HEC is nonionic cellulose ether which can be used in a wide range of PH. It has good compatibility with other material, such as pigment, auxiliaries, fillers and salts, good workability and leveling. It not easy to dripping sagging and spattering.
➢ Easy dispersion and dissolution in cool water , no lump
➢ Outstanding spatter resistance
➢ Excellent color acceptance and development
➢ Good stability
➢ Good bio stability. no viscosity loss